Reflections of St. Ignatius of Loyola
Prayer of Self Offering
Take, O Lord, all my liberty. Receive my memory, my understanding and my will. You have
given me all that I am and all that I possess. I return it all to you and surrender it to the
guidance of Your will. Give me only Your love and grace. With these I am rich enough and ask
for nothing more. Amen.
Prayer for Generosity
Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous;
Teach me to serve You as You deserve:
To give and not to heed the wounds;
To toil and not to seek for test;
To labor and not to ask for reward,
Save that of knowing that I am doing Your will. Amen.
Most Holy and Adorable Trinity, one God in three Persons, I firmly believe that You are here
present; I adore You with the most profound humility; I praise You and give You thanks with
all my heart for the favors You have bestowed on me. Your Goodness has brought me safely
to the beginning of this day. Behold, O Lord, I offer You my whole being and in particular all
my thoughts, words and actions, together with such crosses and contradictions as I may meet
within the course of this day. Give them, O Lord, Your blessing; may Your divine Love animate
them and may they tend to the greater honor and glory of Your Sovereign Majesty. Amen.
Act of Faith
O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three Divine Persons, Father, Son and
Holy Ghost; I believe that Thy Divine son became man, and died for our sins, and that He
will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy
Catholic Church teaches because Thou Hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be
Act of Hope
O my god, relying on thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain
pardon of my sins, with the help of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus
Christ, my Lord and Redeemer.
Act of Love
O my god, I love thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art all good
and worthy of all love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have
injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured.
Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended thee, and I detest all my sins because of
Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good
and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin not more and to
avoid the near occasions of sin.
Morning Offering of Reparation
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the
Mass being offered throughout the world, I offer You all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings
of this day in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, for
my sins and the sins of the whole world.
Morning Offering (Brown Scapular)
O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee the Precious Blood of
Jesus from all the Altars throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought,
word, and action of this day. O my Jesus, I desire today to gain every indulgence and merit I
can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, whom Thou hast appointed the
dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular (Here kiss
your Brown Scapular) that she may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart.
Precious Blood of Jesus, save us! Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us! Sacred Heart of
Jesus, have mercy on us!
Thy Will Be Done
Thy Will be done, O blessed Lord whatever it may be,
To Thee I pray, each night and day, make Thy Will known to me,
I ask not wealth, O dearest Lord, to ease my earthly pain,
For what am I, that I should sigh for pleasure or for gain?
I ask but grace to persevere until my course is run,
To watch and pray, and humbly say, O God, Thy Will be done!
The 15 Promises of Our Lady to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan
1) To all those who shall recite my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and very great
2) Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary shall receive some signal grace.
3) The Rosary shall be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin, and dispel
4) The Rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant
divine mercies; it will substitute in hearts love of God for love of the world, and will lift them to the desire
of heavenly and eternal things. How many souls shall sanctify themselves by this means!
5) Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary, shall not perish.
6) Those who shall recite my Rosary devoutly, meditating on its mysteries, shall not be overwhelmed by
misfortune. The sinner shall be converted; the just shall grow in grace and become worthy of eternal life.
7) Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8) Those who recite my Rosary shall find during their life and at their death the light of God, the fullness
of His graces, and shall share in the merits of the blessed.
9) I shall deliver very promptly from purgatory the souls devoted to my Rosary.
10) The true children of my Rosary shall enjoy great glory in heaven.
11) What you ask through my Rosary, you shall obtain.
12) Those who propagate my Rosary shall be aided by me in all their necessities.
13) I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary
Confraternity shall have for their brethren the saints of heaven during their life and at the hour of death.
14) Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are all my beloved children,
the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
15) Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Miraculous Medal Novena
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Come, O Holy Spirit, fill
the hearts of Your faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your love.
Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created.
And You shall renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray.
O God, who did instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the
same Spirit to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation, through Jesus Christ Our